Steamboat is built for families to come race and play. It is one of the most desirable places in the US to spend time with friends and family.
- #3 Best Small Towns to Visit in the US
– US News & World Report
- Top 10 ski area in the United States
– Ski Mag 2017
- Home to bike and outdoor industry leaders such as Moots, Smartwool, Big Agnes, Honey Stinger and Bingham Built
All of this at 7,000 ft!
Bike Town USA™
Steamboat is not just Ski Town USA, but also Bike Town USA™. Steamboat has been designated by IMBA as a Silver Ride Center Bicycle Retailer and has been a consistent destination for national level cycling events including Ride the Rockies, the US Pro Challenge and the Tour Divide.
Routt County has 689 miles of maintained gravel roads with minimal traffic. Gravel roads support and connect the ranching and mining communities of Steamboat, Clark, Milner, Oak Creek, Hayden, Yampa and Phippsburg.
- Regional Airport 25 miles away from Steamboat Springs with daily service from Denver connecting with major airports across the US
- 5 hour driving radius from Salt Lake City and Denver
- 100+ restaurants and dining options Steamboat Chamber Dining
- Over 80 condos, 20 hotels and a variety of home rentals Steamboat Chamber Lodging
- Steamboat is accustomed to hosting major events
- Endless activities for the entire family
- County of 40,000 residents strong with proven track record of volunteering